Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Acceptance/Resale: The terms and conditions set forth herein represent a SilkRoute International Corporation offer to sell product to the purchaser. The purchaser’s acceptance of a SilkRoute International Corporation sales order acknowledgement or invoice is an acceptance of these terms and conditions. In the event that the terms and conditions of an order are contrary to the terms and conditions indicated herein, these terms and conditions shall supersede any inconsistent or contrary terms and conditions indicated on the actual order or any other document supplied by the purchaser. A waiver of any one term or condition shall not be deemed a waiver of any other term or condition. SilkRoute International Corporation requires a resale certificate from purchaser when items are purchased with the purpose or intention of resale.
2. Products: SilkRoute International Corporation reserves the right to make minor changes in furniture design, dimensions and other materials without prior notice. SilkRoute International Corporation products are handcrafted and can have minor variations. All dimensions can have slight variations. Wood finishes can vary from samples and exact matching is not guaranteed.
3. Custom: Custom orders must be reviewed by SilkRoute International Corporation for suitability before it is accepted into production. SilkRoute International Corporation reserves the right to reject custom orders.
4. Orders: Orders are not processed until the required deposit or full payment has been made. Written orders received from the purchaser with all the correct information will be acknowledged by SilkRoute International Corporation in writing within 2 business days. SilkRoute International Corporation reserves the right to reject any order. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to advise SilkRoute International Corporation in writing of any errors or discrepancies in the sales order acknowledgement within 2 business days of the receipt of said acknowledgement. Changes to an order that has been entered in the system and considered as final will be subject to additional charges, if any, for materials, labor and other related costs and the order will be held until written confirmation from the purchaser is received. All furniture is subject to minor changes in details from the specifications noted as it applies to hardware, finishes and other minor upholstery and paint details.
5. Payment: SilkRoute International Corporation requires a deposit of 25% of the total purchase price for all orders (except if purchaser has a NET 30 account, DSA factor account or credit card on file). Deposit is not refundable if order is canceled. Orders received without a deposit will be held from delivery pending the receipt of payment. Final payment needs to be received before shipping, or ship date could be forfeited unless SilkRoute International Corporation agrees in writing to any other payment terms. All payments must be received from the purchaser as identified on the purchase order, as no third party payments will be accepted unless approved in writing by SilkRoute International Corporation Acceptance of third party payments is an accommodation and does not create any relationship between SilkRoute International Corporation and the third party. On all one of a kind items payment in full is required at time of purchase, all one of a kind items or items on display are sold as is and all sales are final.
6. Collection: Purchasers on payment terms with SilkRoute International Corporation must respect and honor such terms and conditions of agreement. If terms and conditions of payment terms are not respected and honored and SilkRoute International Corporation is forced to submit the invoice or amount owed to a collection agency. All legal and collection agency fees will be responsibility of the purchaser with the debt. A service charge of 1.5% per month will be applied to invoices that remain unpaid after 45 days of being invoiced. Cancelled orders are subject to a 25% cancellation fee. Orders cancelled thereafter will be subject to a larger cancellation fee set at the sole discretion of SilkRoute International Corporation. The purchaser agrees that the cancellation fees are in correlation to the reasonable estimate of SilkRoute International Corporation actual losses on the cancelled order. Any order not shipped within 10 days of notification of completion is subject to a storage charge of $7.50 per day, $50 minimum.
7. Delivery: Delivery dates and lead times are estimates only and are subject to change. Lead times cannot be calculated until the acceptance of the order or availability of items in stock. Acceptance of the order includes: receipt of the required deposit, receipt of full payment, confirmation of any changes, modifications or approvals to the original order. SilkRoute International Corporation shall not be held responsible for any delays in delivery. SilkRoute International Corporation shall not be liable for any costs related to late deliveries.
8. In Home Delivery: In most cases, your item can be shipped directly to the end user by a nation-wide Third party. Contact customer service for a quote. For any issues with In Home Delivery refer to Third party clausal.
9. Third party: Third party shippers have sole responsibility for any damage, loss or shortages incurred during transit. Purchasers or their receiving warehouses must inspect the items upon arrival and make claims for any damage, loss or shortages directly to the carrier. SilkRoute International Corporation is not responsible for any freight related claims, but will assist the purchaser in this process. No merchandise can be returned to SilkRoute International Corporation without its written consent. Unauthorized returns will be reshipped to the location of origin freight collect.
10. Claims/Returns: All merchandise is inspected before shipping. All merchandise is signed for by the freight company, stating that the items have been picked up in good condition. All claims for workmanship defects, shortages and errors must be made within 2 business days, after receipt of the merchandise to RMA@shopsilkroute.com Any repairs or claims must be documented in writing accompanied by photographs and sent to SilkRoute International Corporation Customer Service. Payments will not be made for unauthorized repairs. Failure to make a claim within this period of time constitutes acceptance of the merchandise and a waiver of claims. Return items that are not damaged are subject to a 25% re-stocking fee. Any approved refund can ONLY be used for future orders, ONLY management can approve (in writing) a refund to credit card or check to be mailed. Any credit or refund will be issued after items are received and inspected at any of our warehouse locations.
11. Limitation of Liability: SilkRoute International Corporation liability on any claim of any kind, including loss or damage resulting from or in connection with the manufacture, sales, delivery, resale, repair or use of any item covered by or supplied under these terms and conditions of sale shall in no case exceed the price of the item(s) which give rise to the claim. In case of dispute, all matters shall be resolved under the laws of the state of California. Any action for breach of this agreement must be made within 90 days after the sale.
12. Warranty: SilkRoute International Corporation products are sold with a limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the delivery date. Fully upholstered frames carry a limited also 90 days. SilkRoute International Corporation reserves the right to repair or replace defective merchandise at its sole discretion. This limited warranty does not extend to other materials supplied by the purchaser or damage caused by shipping, accident, abuse, misuse, cleaning, or normal wear and tear. All other warranties express or implied are excluded.
Claims resulting in lawsuits must be filed with the court of competent jurisdiction in the state of California.